Natural Chemical Free Henna Powder
Saach Organics natural chemical free henna powder is 100% pure natural body art quality. It is grown and hand-harvested from Rajasthan northern India. Milled to a fine powder and triple sifted to give maximum pigment release our henna will give your hair a long lasting beautiful rich colour. Used regularly the natural nutrients in the henna will condition the scalp, follicles and hair shafts, and thus will help to repair damaged hair to give you smooth, silky, nourished and healthy head of hair. Henna will give different results depending on your original colour. Used on Brown hair it will give you red/brown undertones, on white/grey or light coloured hair it will give you a more orange to red colour. Used in conjunction with Indigo powder you can create a unique array of shades from red/brown through to black. (See our Henna and Indigo Duo Pack here)
Free From: Parabens, Para Phenylenediamine (PPD), Ammonia, Peroxides
PETA Certified: Saach Organics products are never tested on animals
Although our Henna contains absolutely no chemicals, we do recommend doing a patch test prior to using.
- Apply a small amount of mixed paste to safe place on your skin ideally inside elbow.
- Leave for a couple of hours and was off.
- If any irritations do occur, do not continue use.
Strand testing is a good way to avoid any unexpected results.
- Mix a small amount of Henna in to a paste.
- Apply to strand of your hair leave for 2 hours rinse off and dry.
- Check after 48 hours to see end result.
Mixing the henna powder
- Use a non-metallic bowl
- Pour powder in to bowl. 100g packet for shoulder length hair
- Add luke warm water and gradually and mix until you get a paste with the consistency of yoghurt
- Once mixed cover the paste and leave in a warm place overnight or a period of between 4-12 hours for the dye pigment to be released the longer you leave the paste the richer the colour.
Applying Henna paste to Hair
- Cover all surfaces that my stain: floors, work surfaces, clothes, etc.
- Divide hair into four sections: front, back, left, right.
- Use petroleum jelly as a barrier cream around your neck and hairline.
- Apply to hair using gloved hands or tinting brush working your way from roots to the ends. Use plenty to make sure of full even coverage.
- Once fully covered work your hair in to a bun on top of your head and cover with plastic hair cap or wrap with cling film.
- Leave on for approximately 2 hours the longer its left in the deeper the colour will be.
Rinse out and condition
- Rinse your hair with water until water runs clear this may take a little time so be patient, once the water has run clear you can shampoo your hair preferably using a natural shampoo without sulphates, Parabens, or Petrochemicals as these can strip colour away from hair.
- Condition your as normal, again use only natural conditioner without sulphates parabens, or petrochemicals.
- If you are using Indigo after Hennering your hair do not use conditioner at this stage
- Note our colours are 100% chemical and perfume free. The earthy scent will disappear after thoroughly rinsing your hair.
The oxidation process usually takes between 24-48 hours during which the colour of your hair will deepen.
To touch up grey roots:
- Mix powder as per instructions above
- Apply to grey roots cover and leave for 1 hour and rinse off with water only.
- Apply remainder of paste to entire head including the roots again, leave for 1 hour and follow rinsing out procedure as above.
Lawsonia Inermis Leaf Powder
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Please note all our hair colours contain instructions in the box.
What is Henna?
Henna is a dye derived from the plant Lawsonia Inermis that grows in tropical and subtropical regions of Africa and Asia. Leaves from the plant are ground to a fine powder to which is then mixed to produce a paste. For over 5000 years people have used henna to dye hair, skin, leather, fabrics, and because of its natural healing properties it is also used in Ayurvedic medicine one of the oldest natural healing systems in the world native to India. We source our henna from Rajasthan in northern India the world’s capital for quality henna.
How to apply the colour
Simply mix the powder with water until you achieve a paste with the consistency of yoghurt apply to hair and leave for set time. Full set of instructions are included in every pack. We’ve also included a brush, cap and gloves to assist with colouring your hair.
What Colour will I get with henna?
Natural pure Henna is red to orange in colour with mild variation depending on quality and region of produce. At Saach Organics we use our own special blend of henna and other herbs and fruits to create an array of natural hair colours which are perfectly safe to mix so you can experiment by mixing our colours to create your own unique colour.
Can I create different colours by mixing them?
Yes, you can mix our colours to create your own personal unique colour, add a little henna to deepen the colour or indigo to darken the colour, or simply mix any of our colours to create new ones, try and stay in the same colour bracket.
Will it work on my hair type?
Saach Organic Natural Hair colours will work on all hair types: Thick, Thin, Frizzy, Straight, Curly, Asian, Afro, European, the colour pigments in the dye bond to the proteins found in all hair to give you long lasting colour with a healthy shine.
Will Saach Organic Natural Hair colours cover grey hair?
Our hair colours work very well on grey hair, generally people get excellent coverage with their first application but some grey hair can be a bit stubborn and may need more than one application. With continued use of henna based hair products, your hair will become healthier by helping to restore much needed nutrients in your hair which in turn help the colour pigments bond to the hair shaft.
Will any of these colours lighten my hair?
The simple answer is no Our plant-based natural hair dyes contain no bleaching agents so they will not lighten your hair colour, for example you can’t go from black or dark brown to blonde. While some of the red colours ie Rose Brown, Burgandy, Mahogany may give dark hair some undertones and a reddish hue. Strand testing is the best way to find end result before colouring entire head of hair.
I have chemically coloured hair can I use Henna over it?
Saach Organic Hair Colours contain no chemicals so are safe to use on chemically coloured hair, although we do recommend doing a strand test before committing to a full head of hair. If you have very damaged hair it is advised to wait one month before using henna products. There are some poor-quality henna products out there which can contain harsh chemicals so be aware and use a trusted brand.
Can I use henna whilst pregnant?
Unlike conventional hair dyes Saach Organic Natural colours contain zero chemicals so are perfectly safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding but we advise speaking with your doctor first, although very rare some people can have allergies to natural products.
How long will the colour last?
Saach Organic Natural Hair Colours are semi-permanent, the colour will fade over time just like chemical based dyes. We recommend using natural shampoos and conditioner that do not contain harsh chemicals these tend to strip colour away from hair. The longer you use henna based natural hair dyes the better the results will become. Henna has natural conditioning and repairing qualities which over time help with hair growth and health which in turn will help the colour pigments in the dye to bond to the hair. Use Saach Organics Natural Hair colour’s as often as you like they’re all natural so won’t harm your hair, instead, they will help replenish and revitalize your hair for strong growth.
There are no reviews yet.